DEAR FRIENDS OF SAALBACH HINTERGLEMM!
Significant changes have developed over the last months – COVID-19 has influenced our way of life worldwide. The safety and personal health of every person are, more than ever at the forefront of our minds, including that of our lift companies. We are establishing, based on the regulations of the Austrian Federal Government, a series of measures to protect all guests and employees.
Our summer season 2020 experience
Here in Saalbach Hinterglemm, we are happy how the good the summer season has been! We have been able to welcome guests to our resort since the middle of June, and the summer season progressed nicely. Our high-quality accommodation and our cool summer sports and recreation facilities have brought us many visitors who have been able to spend the most beautiful days of the year with us without any worries. We and our guests have learned to deal with the situation. Always alert, but without worries! We are well prepared for the coming winter.
For everyone’s safety
Please respect our Covid-19 Code of Conduct, which is continuously updated to reflect the current situation and any changes in legal or regulatory requirements.
SAFETY IN THE SKI REGION
In compliance with the current valid regulations and additional safety measures, we firmly believe that you can relax and enjoy your winter days in our cross-border network, with 121 lifts, and 408 kilometres of piste with incorporated safety distance measures. In addition, there are 23 lifts operating from the valley stations ensuring a smooth ascent into the ski region and Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn, Schmittenhöhe in Zell am See and Kitzsteinhorn Kaprun.
The lift companies have set up a comprehensive package of measures for your safety including the implementation of tubular scarves and masks MNP (mouth and nose protectors), organised queuing areas, hygiene and disinfection measures, employee screenings and much more.
- You will find all details in the section together safely through the winter in the ALPIN CARD ski areas.
In Austria, the wearing of a mouth and nose protector is currently mandatory in the following public areas
- Retail food sector (supermarkets, bakeries, etc.)
- Trade sector (all kinds of shops including rental, etc.)
- Gastronomy (while entering or leaving the place, no mask required once you're seated)
- Banks and post offices
- Petrol stations
- Public transport, taxis and coaches
- Services where the minimum distance of 1 m cannot be maintained (e.g. hairdresser)
- Chemists, doctors’ surgeries and hospitals
The most important regulatiosn for accommodation establishments
- 1 metre minimum distance between guests of different visitor groups
- Mouth and nose protection for staff in contact with customers and for guests in generally accessible areas in closed rooms
Après Ski & Entertainment
We all know how important social contact is. Getting to know people or exchanging ideas after sports is simply part of the winter holiday experience. Après ski and entertainment in winter 2020/21 will be quieter, more comfortable and more dignified. Exact details to follow. The planned opening events BERGFESTival and Rave on Snow were cancelled due to the given circumstances.
The most important regulations for gastronomy
- Mouth and nose protection in closed rooms, except at the table
- General curfew at 01:00 h (more restrictive regulations at state level possible - in Salzburg it's 22:00 h since September 2020)
- Maximum 10 persons (plus underage children) at one table per visitor group
- No consumption of food and drinks at the bar
- Consumption of food and drinks only when seated - applies indoors and outdoors
Corona tests for employees of many tourist branches are offered on a voluntary basis and actively promoted. We can rely on a well-established cooperation with the laboratory of the Tauern Clinic Zell am See. Test results are usually available within 24 hours.
FROM YOU WE REQUEST!
Please observe and follow our Code of Conduct and enjoy your winter holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm! We will continuously evaluate the situation and adapt our Code of Conduct because of possible legal changes and official requirements. Our team will be happy to assist you with all matters concerning your holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm.
This page will be updated on an ongoing basis!
(Status: 25. September 2020)