- Winter outdoor activities
The largest ski circuit of the Alps -
12,400 m Altitude, 65 km of tracks,
7 hours’ of skiing experience
The Skicircus challenges its guests with THE MOST DEMANDING ski circuit.
"Ski your limit" is the slogan that describes one of the most demanding ski circuits of the Alps – "The Challenge". The key figures speak for themselves: 65 kilometres, 32 lifts, 12,400 meters in height and approx. 7 hours skiing time! The "Skicircus Circuit" in the “Home of Lässig“ is doable within 7 hours for ambitious skiers – a quick lunch break not included. Challenge accepted?
Due to the distances & numbers, the Skicircus Circuit ranks among the top ski routes in the Alps and even overshadows the “Sellaronda”, the “White Ring” or the “King’s Tour” (Königstour).
This challenging ski circuit takes you across one of the most diverse and extensive ski areas in Austria in around 7 hours. A relaxing stop at one of the many rustic ski lodges and restaurants along the way, dreamy mountain top moments or sun bathing will have to be postponed to the next ski day, as you will have to catch 32 lifts to complete this marathon.
Important: “The Challenge” can be started at any cable car. In the end, it just matters if you passed all 32 mentioned cable cars.
Tip: Don’t forget to pick up the “Ski Map” which describes “The Challenge” and all other circuits in the Skicircus in detail, so you don’t waste time on wrong lifts & slopes!
Note: Please note that in the early and late season or due to weather or other operating circumstances, individual lifts of "The Challenge" may not be open. You will find an up-to-date overview of the lifts and pistes in operation in our interactive piste map ( select "The Challenge" in the menu item "Skicircus Circuits").
To create a measurable experience for “Slope Hunters” and “Endurance Skiers”, it's possible to track the circuit and review it on the skiline.cc website. Here the meters in height, lifts and piste kilometres are saved as height chart and might become a challenge for the next contender.
Every successful “challenger”, who can display the well-deserved “The Challenge” badge on their Skiline print, will receive a small price at the main cash-points. Prove is the first original printed height chart that you can get at the Skiline terminals at the G1 Bernkogel lift, H1 Kohlmais lift, A1 Schattberg X-press, I1 Schönleiten lift, B1 12er KOGEL, D1 Reiterkogel lift, A9 Unterschwarzach lift, L1 Asitz lift, L3 Steinberg lift or F1 Streuböden.
Among all participants, that register on skiline.cc, three main prices will also be randomly drawn at the end of the season:
One week stay including ski tickets for 2 persons in the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn
One weekend stay including ski tickets for 2 persons in the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn
6 day ski pass for the Skicircus Saalbach Hinterglemm Leogang Fieberbrunn
- A1+A2 Schattberg X-press, slopes 3 & 2a
- I1+I2 Schönleitenbahn, slope 162
- I4 Polten 8er, slope 222
- L6 Muldenbahn 8er, slopes 215, 212 & 211
- L3+L4 Steinbergbahn, slope 212
- L5 Asitzgipfelbahn 8er, slope 218
- L7 Asitzkogelbahn 8er, slopes 222 & 164
- I3 Schönleiten 6er, slope 166
- H4 Panorama 6er, slopes 160 & 153a
- G1 Bernkogelbahn, slope 146
- G2 Bernkogel 6er, slope 148
- D6 Reiter-Ost 6er, slopes 87 & 125
- E5 TirolS
- E4 Reckmoos Süd, slope 121
- E1 Reckmoos Nord, slope 109
- F8 Maiskopflift, slope 105
- F1 Streuböden
- F2 Lärchfilzkogel, slope 110
- E1+E2 Reckmoos Nord, slope 122a
- E3 Hochhörndl 4er, slopes 122, 123 & 124
- E6 TirolS, slopes 80, 81 & 82
- D2 Hasenauer 8er, slopes 73 & 58
- C2 Spieleck 6er, slopes 52, 51 & 50a
- B4 Zwölfer-Nordbahn, slopes 30 & 31a
- B5 Zehner 6er, slopes 31, 30 & 37
- A3+A4 Westgipfelbahn, slopes 7 & 4
- A5 Limberg 4er, slopes 1, 1b & 1a
- Duration: approx. 7 hours without breaks
- Length: approx. 65 km
- Altitude covered: approx. 12,400 m
- Gradient: Ø 191 m / km
- Lifts: 32
- Difficulty: 60 % blue, 35 % red, 5 % black