Dear friends of sAALBACH HINTERGLEMM!
There have been significant changes and challenges in recent times. Covid-19 is influencing lives all over the world. The safety and personal health of each and every person are, even more than before, at the forefront of our minds. Also, the thinking and conduct of our tourism companies is of paramount importance. We are building on the regulations of the Austrian Federal Government, which provide for a series of measures to protect all guests and employees. From the 19th of May 2021, accommodation and catering establishments will once again be allowed to open their doors.
Experience values from the 2020 summer season
Our top-quality range of accommodation and our cool summer sports and recreation options for active holidaymakers brought many people seeking relaxation to Saalbach Hinterglemm in the summer of 2020. With us, they spent the best days of the year without a care in the world. Both our visitors and we have learned how to deal with the current situation. Always alert, but without fear! We are perfectly equipped for the summer of 2021.
Staying safe together
Please respect our Covid-19 Code of Conduct, which is continuously updated to reflect the current situation as well as any possible changes in legal or regulatory requirements.
SAFETY ON HOLIDAY
Current information indicates that the so-called "green passport" will play a decisive role in the future. It will state whether the person in question has been vaccinated, has recovered or has been tested. The exact details of how the green passport will simplify matters are not yet known and will be made available here as soon as possible. Until a uniform EU-wide solution is put in place, different digital and analogue proofs of personal corona status (tested, recovered, vaccinated) will be used. The following information reflects the status of information as of the 14 May 2021.
- An FFP2 mask must be worn in all areas
- Entry tests*
- Compulsory registration for guests (simply online or via form)
- A distance of 2 metres must be maintained
- If further services or catering are made use of in the hotel, a self-test under supervision must be carried out on site every 2 days from a stay that exceeds the validity of the entry test.
- In wellness areas, 20 m² must be available per guest in the enclosed space
- Every accommodation establishment must create a prevention concept and appoint a COVID 19 officer.
- The same rules apply to hotel restaurant services as to restaurant services in general (incl. curfew at 22:00).
Gastronomy, restaurants and huts
- Wearing an FFP2 mask until seated accordingly
- Entry tests*
- Compulsory registration for guests (simply online or via form)
- A group of guests may comprise a maximum of 4 adults (+ accompanying children) indoors and a maximum of 10 people outdoors
- A minimum distance of 2 metres must be maintained between tables of strangers (people not in the same group)
- In enclosed spaces, the consumption of food and drink may only take place while seated
- The consumption of food and drink is not permitted at the serving point (bar)
- Every catering establishment must draw up a prevention concept and appoint a COVID 19 officer
- FFP2 masks are mandatory for employees who have contact with customers
- Employees with customer contact who are tested as part of the occupational group tests can wear simple mouth-nose protection rather than an FFP2 mask
- Closing time is at 22:00
Mountain lifts - gondolas
The lift companies have implemented a comprehensive range of measures to ensure your safety. Use of tubular scarves and masks (MNS or FFP2 in gondolas and chairlifts for people aged 14 and over), organised queuing areas, hygiene and disinfection measures, employee screenings and much more.
- All details can be found in the section Safely Together in the ALPIN CARD Ticket Network.
Important: These regulations apply to all users of the mountain lifts, regardless of whether they are in possession of the JOKER CARD, a bike ticket or the ALPIN CARD!
Covid-19 tests for guests
In cooperation with the doctors in Saalbach Hinterglemm, a testing strategy for guests has been developed. Seven days a week, guests can undergo a Sars-Cov-2 test quickly, easily and at a reasonable price if either symptoms occur or the test is required for other reasons (e.g. return journey, employer, access, etc.). The result of a rapid test is available within 15 minutes; for PCR tests, a waiting time of a few hours including digital reporting is to be expected. Details on the cost of the tests can be obtained directly from the test centres. Please make an appointment by telephone.
- Dr. Karl Schnell & Dr. Hermann Schnell in Saalbach +4365416287
- DDr. Reinhard Lanzinger in Hinterglemm +4365417878
- Alpen-Apotheke in Saalbach +4365416282
Entry into Austria
Provisions according to the ECDC map for risk areas
- green/orage: free entry
- red: entry only for tested, recovered* or vaccinated* persons
- dark red: entry only tested, recovered or vaccinated and quarantine (free testing after 5 days)
Return journey from Austria
For information on the regulations in your home country for return travellers from Austria, please contact the respective national or local authorities. We expect a uniform EU-wide solution soon.
It is not clear from the documents currently available which regulations apply to the type of leisure facilities (Käpt'n Hook outdoor adventure pool, high ropes park, mini golf facilities, homestead museum, etc.) that are available in Saalbach Hinterglemm. It must be assumed that minimum distances, capacity limits, access tests and - depending on the type of offer (indoor/outdoor) - guest registration will also play a role here. As soon as we receive information on this, it will be published here.
Public transport (bus & train)
An FFP2 mask must be worn at all times on buses and trains. This also applies to bus stops if the minimum distance cannot be maintained.
Corona tests for employees in various areas of tourism are offered on a voluntary basis and actively promoted. We can rely on a well-established cooperation with the laboratory of the Tauernklinikum Zell am See. Test results are usually available within 24 hours.
In Austria, wearing an FFP2 mask is also compulsory in the following public areas:
Food retail (supermarkets, bakeries, etc.)
Shops and businesses of all types (retail, sports shops, rental, etc.)
Bank and post office branches
- Petrol stations
- Public transport, taxis and coaches
- Services for which the minimum distance of 2 m cannot be maintained (e.g. hairdresser).
- Pharmacies, Doctors' surgeries & Hospitals
*Entry tests & definition of "recovered" or "vaccinated"
- Self-test with digital solution: 24 hours
- Antigen test: 48 hours
- PCR test: 72 hours
- If offered, self-tests on site are also permitted, these are only valid for the duration of the stay at the particular restaurant or facility.
Testing exemptions for people who have recovered and been vaccinated:
- Recovered persons who were infected with Sars-Cov-2 are exempt from compulsory testing for 6 months after recovery. Proof by a segregation order from an authority, antibody test, etc.
Vaccinated persons (proof by vaccination certificate, vaccination card or printout, subsequently by EU-wide "green passport") are exempt from the testing obligation under the following conditions:
- from the 22nd day after the first vaccination, whereby this may not be longer than three months ago
- after the second vaccination, whereby the first vaccination must not have taken place more than nine months previously
- from the 22nd day after vaccination with vaccines for which only one vaccination is scheduled, whereby this vaccination may not have taken place more than nine months previously
- Children up to the age of 10 do not need their own test result, a negative test from a parent or guardian is sufficient.
- Children 10 years and older need their own test result.
what we request from you!
Please observe and follow our Code of Conduct and enjoy your holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm! We are constantly evaluating the situation and adapting our Code of Conduct with respect to any possible changes in legal or official requirements. For any concerns regarding your holiday in Saalbach Hinterglemm, our team will be happy to assist you.
This page is updated on a regular basis!
(Status: 14 May 2021)